Very important call came in on about extending the warranty on my car. (Caller ID: Private.) Having received a few of these calls, I took the bait to see what I could find out.

Anthony picked up the computerized/automated hand-off. I jumped right in expressing concern about my car being out of warranty and wanted to know what I could do about it. He said he could help me. I told him that I missed who he was working for and (again) asked what I should do.

He said he works for Direct Choice Warranty, then asked make/model/milage of my car. I told him I had a 1997 Mazda MPV, 130K miles, that had been out of warranty for the past 8-years. Why should I get a warranty now - after all this time? His response was that cars break down all the time and I certainly wouldn't want to be stranded out somewhere.

I said: Ohhh, your right. But my car has been running quite well since I got it. If it breaks down, it probably won't be worth fixing. He said: Well, I can keep that from happening. I can extend the original warranty for 5-years for $2,065 with 1-year of free financing if needed. (Hmmm, I forgot to ask if that 5-years extends the original factory warranty effectively expiring 3 or so years ago, or if it starts when I pay.)

Regardless - the vehicle Kelly Blue Books for ~$4K, so I guess paying for his warranty program makes sense!

Not!!!

I asked for his call back number (he gave it to me after some hesitation), then I asked where he was located so I could call back during working hours (time zone thing). He got half way through saying: Nevada, but then said California. I pressed further: Northern or Southern California. He said Southern.

Buyer beware!

Instead of just hanging up on them, consider taking THEM for a ride.

Enjoy!

JT.

Had an Experience with Direct Choice Warranty?

Comments

I hope they will accept my claim.I called a number and they started to explain, then hung up.

When called back, got a mortuary.Has anyone sued them and gotten their money back?

They called me and told me my car was out of warranty, and when they asked the year, make and model, I told them "1982 Chevy S-10. THEY HUNG UP ON ME!!!

Eakly, Oklahoma, United States #20031

Thanks!They called me today.

They told me my car is out of warranty.

I said which one.They didnt know then started to ask me to name them.